Most requested topics:
The Fear of Being Found Out: Combatting Imposter Syndrome at Work
Best Audience: corporate, associations, opening conference keynotes, women’s conference, young leaders, business owners
Julia shatters the silence around imposter syndrome in this encouraging, humorous and motivational presentation. She shares powerful, easy-to-implement strategies for kicking imposter syndrome to the curb. Attendees will leave feeling less alone with feelings of insecurity and they’ll be inspired to lead with confidence at work and in life.
- Understand what imposter syndrome is and who it affects
- Understand your own feelings of imposter syndrome
- Discover 9 actionable strategies for battling imposter syndrome in life
- Implement tangible strategies to get rid of imposter syndrome on your work teams, starting today
- Learn how to foster a work culture that stops imposter syndrome in its tracks
- Avoid comparing your blooper reel to everyone else’s highlight reel
- Embrace and lead with confidence in life and career
Breaking Up With Should: Abandoning Dread and Embracing Joy
Best Audience: entrepreneurial communities, associations, opening conference keynotes
*This talk can be packaged with bulk book purchases for audience members
In this eye-opening and motivational talk, Julia talks about the genesis of her book, “Breaking Up With Should.” Pulling from her own experiences as well as powerful anecdotes from dozens of interviews, Julia breaks down and codifies what the word “should” means, why it’s harmful, and how to end your relationship with it. Participants will feel empowered to find true joy at work, get real about their definition of the word “impressive,” and develop actionable steps to upgrade their career and lives.
- Understand what “should” means and doesn’t mean; learn to distinguish “maladaptive shoulds” from “good shoulds”
- Unpack one’s own definition of the word “impressive” and identify the word’s origins
- Learn about the 6 key tenants of “breaking up with should”
- Understand the harm of “shoulding” for an entire career
- Feel empowered to pursue joy in the interest of greater career and life success
- Develop an actionable next-step plan for breaking up with should
Mental Fitness: The One Must-Have Leadership Skill
Best Audience: corporate, associations, opening conference keynotes, women’s conference, business owners
Recent events such as the novel coronavirus, the presidential election, disruption in financial markets, social unrest, and political changes have over-stretched your employees. One-time workshops and self-paced virtual learning aren’t cutting it. You and your team need a new upgrade in your mental operating systems to not just survive but thrive in these tumultuous times. In this talk, Julia partners with NYT-bestseller and Stanford Professor Shirzad Chamine to talk about the groundbreaking science of mental fitness, which is a combination of performance science, cognitive behavioral therapy, positive psychology and neuroscience.
- All participants will take the Saboteurs Assessment in advance of the talk, and learn how their individual Saboteurs are holding them back at work and in life
- Learn how to weaken your Saboteurs starting immediately. Your Saboteurs cause all your stress, anxiety, self-doubt, frustration, regret, shame, guilt, and unhappiness.
- Understand how to activate the “Sage,” which lives in an entirely different region of your brain and handles challenges in ways that produce positive emotions like curiosity, empathy, creativity, calm, and clear-headed laser-focused action.
- Walk away with tangible strategies for shifting mindsets in the moment and notice an immediate shift in the quality of your work and home relationships and productivity